ACID® Pro software is the ideal loop-based music composition and production tool for original music creation.
Revolutionary since the first version, the tradition of innovation continues with version 5. Powerful new features and
advanced functionality make ACID Pro 5 the most comprehensive application of its kind. ACID Pro software is the tool of choice
for millions of industry professionals who want to create songs, remix tracks, produce 5.1 surround audio mixes, develop music
beds, score videos, and much more. ACID software is ideal for real-time pitch-shifting, time-stretching, and groove quantization
of audio and MIDI events. With new technologies and advanced professional features, ACID software provides the most powerful,
user-friendly environment for everything from basic song creation to complex video scoring.
New in this version:
* A bug has been fixed that prevented the input channel number from being recorded when recording MIDI.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause the Media Manager to crash when performing some editing operations if the
Save media-usage relationships in active media library check box on the General page of the Preferences dialog was selected.
* The Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SONY_MEDIAMGR) setup has been revised to improve security.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented you from creating a media library in any folder that contained a ' character
in its path.
(free version here)
Pro Tools Free
Using your computer's built-in sound capability, Pro Tools FREE offers up to 8 tracks of audio and 48 tracks of MIDI, real-time
plug-ins, and many of the same editing and mixing features the pros use. Download Pro Tools FREE now or order a CD-ROM with
cool demos and extras.
Note: Due to the enormous demand for Pro Tools FREE, you may experience access problems during peak periods. If you are
unable to complete the download process, please try again later.
Features of Pro Tools FREE
* Fully functional, track and I/O limited version of Pro Tools® 5.0.1 LE
o 8 channel audio (voices)
o 2 channels of I/O support via Wave Drivers/Sound Manager (allows compatibility with 3rd party HW)
o 48 MIDI tracks
* Runs on third party hardware with standard Windows 98 Wave Driver or Macintosh Sound Manager support
* The most powerful and flexible audio editing tools in the industry
* Editing window with comprehensive track overview. Intuitive Mixer window includes all of the features you'd expect in
a pro studio console
o 5 inserts and sends per channel
o Included DigiRack RTAS Plug-Ins: EQ, Dynamics, DirectConnect, Mod Delay, and Dither
o Supports use of optional RTAS and AudioSuite-based Plug-Ins. (check with individual plug-in manufacturers for Pro Tools
* Fully functional MIDI sequencer with:
o Graphic MIDI editing
o Large number of MIDI editing options
o Import/Export of Standard MIDI Files
Limitations of PT FREE
o Digidesign is giving away Pro Tools FREE—a fully functional, track limited version of Pro Tools LE software
(8-track audio/48-track MIDI), allowing any new user to experience the power of Pro Tools.....for FREE.
o No additional purchases are necessary to run Pro Tools FREE:
+ Pro Tools FREE is hardware independent. No special hardware is required.
+ Pro Tools FREE offers 2 channels of analog or digital I/O using any third party audio I/O solution via Windows 98/Me
Wave Drivers or Macintosh Sound Manager. This includes support for the many common PC soundcards and standard chip sets.
+ Pro Tools FREE 5.0.1 supports Mac OS and Windows 98/Me. Users can try it on their home PC or whatever machine is available.
o Pro Tools FREE includes real-time DSP processing plug-ins and is compatible with a large assortment of RTAS (Real-Time
AudioSuite) and AudioSuite Plug-ins developed by Digidesign and Digidesign's many Development Partners. (check with individual
plug-in manufacturers for Pro Tools FREE compatibility)
o Pro Tools FREE allows you to enter the powerful world of Pro Tools solutions. Pro Tools software offers the best combination
of powerful, professional, award-winning features, and ease-of-use. If you like what you see, the Pro Tools product line offers
a range of systems and options to meet your needs and budget.
o Pro Tools FREE is not intended to work with Digidesign audio hardware. Pro Tools LE & TDM software has been extensively
tested with our hardware to provide the most integrated, powerful, and robust digital audio workstations ever produced. While
Pro Tools FREE does support the Audiomedia III card on Windows 98/Me, we strongly recommend AMIII owners get the latest version
of Pro Tools LE.
Ace of WAW
Ace of WAV is an advanced sound editor and synthesizer. Unlike older sound editors, it has been designed from the ground up
to take full advantage of Microsoft's 32 bit Windows architecture, and features:
* an unparalleled set of powerful synthesis and editing functions,
* an intuitive, friendly user interface,
* visual scripting for easy automation of repetitive tasks,
* a built-in development environment for the creation of new functions; and
* an unbeatable price!
The latest Ace of WAV revision is always available at http://www.polyhedric.com/software/ace/download.html.
Formerly known as Acid WAV™
Cubase SL3 takes music production to a new level by adding more than 50 new features including powerful Audio Warp Realtime
Timestretching, an intuitive Play Order Track, new user-definable workspaces, an improved and expanded track inspector plus
many new editing functions.
For the first time, a native music production system combines full-featured audio and MIDI recording and editing, virtual
instruments and powerful audio mixing with the added flexibility of loop- and pattern-based arranging and mixing. In addition,
Cubase SL3 offers the same, outstanding audio quality and full-featured MIDI recording and editing found in Cubase SX3 at
an exceptionally low price.
Top-10 new features of Cubase SL3
* Audio Warp: Realtime Time Stretching and Pitch Shifting offer extensive new audio editing and processing capabilities,
including ACID® File support: loops automatically adopt a project's tempo; audio files can follow tempo changes in realtime.
* Intuitive Play Order Track for pattern-based arranging adds a new level of creative music editing. Divide your song
into sections, and then re-arrange it on the fly. Compare alternative versions of your song and then convert them back into
a linear form for mixdown and mastering.
* User-definable Workspaces (window layouts) help organizing your desktop. Create and save a separate workspace for
each step of the production process. Switch Workspaces on the fly, as if working on multiple computers or monitors.
* Extended Freeze function for virtual instruments and audio tracks with added flexibility and improved performance.
Freeze virtual instruments with or without insert effects. Then automatically unload the instrument to free up RAM. Freeze
audio tracks with insert effects to free up even more CPU performance.
* New part-based Volume Envelopes for direct control of dynamics. Fix level problems on the fly without wasting automation
tracks. Then move events with their volume envelopes.
* User-definable Color Coding for tracks and VST mixer channels provides more clarity and better orientation - especially
in complex projects.
* SL3's Extended Track Inspector now offers direct access to a VST Instrument's audio channel strip directly from
the MIDI track inspector. In fact, it puts both the MIDI and audio channel's parameters into one single column making it more
accessible and easier to use.
* When a song is transferred between systems, all plug-in and virtual instrument links stay intact even when some
of them are missing on another system. A so-called Dummy Plug-in replaces missing plug-ins until the project is opened on
the original system and the plug-ins are back in place.
* Ever lost a great idea because you forgot to hit "Record"? With Audio Pre Record this will never happen
again! Simply set up the amount of time for pre-recording (up to 10 minutes) and whatever you play within that window will
be recorded into any record-enabled track - before you actually hit record.
* A redesigned and overall improved Hitpoint Detection Algorithm now offers more accurate results and easier handling.
Choose between presets for different types of audio material or apply Q-points to Hitpoints for more accurate quantization
This site contains a LOT of stuff wich is usefull when you make/edit music. Go take a look.
Copyright 2006 TAP Inc. All rights reserved.